Thursday, March 13, 2008

Moral Speed Traps

On Tuesday I received a letter from the District of Columbia. It seems that they so appreciated my visit with them a few weeks ago when I went down to meet with Mark Batterson. They wanted to send me a picture that I could use to remember the occasion. It was a picture of my car and license plate. Apparently I went through a digital speed trap doing 46 in a 35 mph zone. Snagged! They caught me. Now I pay the price.

Speeders aren't the only thing they are catching in DC these days. If you have watched the news this week you have probably caught the scandal with Eliot Spitzer. When he resigned yesterday as governor of New York he said,

"The remorse I feel will always be with me. . . From those to whom much is given, much is expected. . . I have been given much: the love of my family, the faith and trust of the people. . . I am deeply sorry that I did not live up to what was expected of me."

Eliot Spitzer sped through moral and ethical zones and now he and his family will pay a huge price. How tragic.

The truth is that we have all been entrusted with a great responsibility and trust. May we walk worthy of our calling and go the distance,

No comments: