Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lunchboxes

Every kid knew it: Lunchboxes meant something. And it wasn't just that you were a fan of whatever it was that you sported on your lunchtime luggage.
It was your proclamation of identity.
A window into your third-grade soul.

If you had this lunchbox, maybe this was you :)

BARBIE: On my way to Homecoming Queen

FLYING NUN: On my way to a convent!

BATMAN: I am considering a career in Crime Fighting

INCREDIBLE HULK: I have an anger problem

BEATLES: I am Cool

PARTRIDGE FAMILY: I think I am cool but I am not

EVEL KNIEVEL: I will break many bones in my lifetime

HOLLY HOBBIE: I will one day own all of the Little House on the Prairie Episodes

ANNIE: I will either be on Broadway or running FAMILY FUSION

PAC MAN: Laugh now. One day I will be running your I.T. Network!

BLANK: My mother hates me!


Pastor Angelo Sarna emailed me this look into his childhood:

"Never had a lunchbox, never got a note. Just food.
In a re-used brown bag with an oil stain on it…

Monday was Meatball Sandwich Day,
Friday was Tuna Fish,
Tuesday-Thursday was Bologna and Liverwurst.

Dessert was fruit or
a cream cheese and jelly sandwich.

The only guy that was even less cool than me was my Jewish friend, Jeff, who had Tuna on Matzohs."


He is one funny pastor!


In the Peanuts comic strip Sally says to Linus,
"I think I would be a good evangelist."
"Why?" asks Linus.
Sally answers, "I convinced the boy who sits behind me at school that my religion is better than his."
"How did you do that?"
asks Linus.
Sally answers,
"I hit him over the head with my lunch box.."

Truth is, God didn't call us to hit people with our lunchboxes but share our lunch with them!

No comments: