Sunday, April 11, 2010

Never Give Up!

We sometimes quit even before we start. We don't think we are strong enough sometimes or it is just simply impossible. But we have to endure it for in the end it is worth it. We need to give our best all the time, in everything we do. God is there beside us telling us we can finish this race!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was at the Saturday Evening service when Pastor Tom showed this clip. The clip was powerful as was Pastor Tom's message. It's interesting how some messages can grab me deep down inside and stay with me for a while, changing the way I think. Slowly; however, as I'm worn down by trying and trying and fending off discouragement and hearing the little voice in my head saying "maybe you should just stop this. It's just too hard. No one else appears to be struggling like this". I start to forget. What am I suppose to do? What did he say that evening that hit so hard? That's right, Never Give Up! It’s time to get back up, dust myself off and declare that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Occasionally that message seeps out of me and I need to hear it again to rejuvenate my thinking. I can give up and always wonder “what if” or I CAN DO THIS. I’m Ready again.
It was great to see this message on the blog. I’ve printed it to hang on my office wall as a reminder. Thank you Pastor Tom. I needed it!! :)